Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

4th Annual Crete Library Horror Fest

Before I get down to business, I would like to thank everyone that came out for Good Morning Vietnam, we had a good turn out for our little tribute to the work of Robin Williams.

I can't believe it's almost October.  This year has FLOWN by.  We've watched a lot of great films and I think this year has been the best yet for post-film discussions.  Now, on to business.  There's something we do here at the Crete Library every October to get into the Halloween mood.  Those of you who are familiar will know that I'm talking about the Annual Crete Library Horror Fest.  This is the 4th year that film club has hosted the Horror Fest and I aim to maintain the level of horror excellence we've brought in the past years.  The way I've structured Horror Fest is as follows:  We will be meeting on two separate nights, Wednesday, Oct. 29th and Thursday, Oct 30th at 5pm.  We will be watching a total of 4 horror movies over those two days.  Not only will we be watching some films, but there will be plenty of candy/snacks, possibly pizza, soda, etc.  I'm also thinking some horror trivia, WITH PRIZES!  If the past years are any indication, I think we're going to have a lot of fun with this.

Anyway, here's the lineup so you can plan accordingly:

Wednesday, Oct. 29th

5:00pm-28 Days Later directed by Danny Boyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02qibJJ0OvE

















7:00pm-REC directed by Jaume Balaguero and Paco Plaza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJ_jPKOj1c


















Thursday, Oct. 30th


5:00pm- The Descent directed by Neil Marshall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZj0Q9rq9E
















7:00pm- Ju-On directed by Takashi Shimizu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sicuc0XH-K8
















Horror Fest is one of my favorite things to host at the library and I can only do it with your support.  As long as you guys keep coming, we can keep this tradition alive!  So, I hope you can make it out for some horror movie fun, let's make this the best Horror Fest yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment