Search This Blog

Monday, June 5, 2017

Film Club Summer Series: Space

Hey everybody!  Summer is finally here!
I'd like to start by saying thank you to everyone who was able to attend our screening of Arrival, we had a wonderful turnout, a great discussion afterwards and as always, an abundance of food.  Thank you so much for making my job so much fun!

As is the custom with Film Club (at least for the past couple years), we will be having our summer series of films that focuses on a specific director, theme, or genre.  For this summer I have decided to coincide the theme for our Film Club with our summer Astronomy series.  Following suit, we will have two films a month for the months of June, July, and August.  I've decided to show 6 films that all have to do with space, and as an unplanned added bonus, they are selected from almost every decade starting in the 60s, so it will be cool to see how the depiction of space has evolved over the past 50 years.

Now, the films. (I will have more in-depth information on the films for each month, this is just so you know what titles and on what days we're screening them).











(All showtimes will be 6:15pm)

June 15th: 2001: A Space Odyssey

June 29th: Alien

July 20th: Aliens

July 27th: Moon

Aug 17th: Gravity

Aug 24th: The Martian

Sci-fi is one of my favorite genres and space in particular is one of my favorite subjects.  I think this will be a very fun summer series that will go well with the library's Astronomy series throughout the summer months.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment