Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Film Club Summer Series

Hey everybody!

Hope you're enjoying this crazy weather we've been having.  You never know if it's going to be 100 degrees or 70 and pouring rain, but hey, that's the Midwest for ya.  A big thank you to everyone who was able to make it out to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi last month, it was a blast.  And to everyone who brought snacks/food to share, another gigantic thank you.  Like I always say, you guys make my job very easy and very fun.

On to business.  Following the tradition of the past few years we will be having a themed summer Film Club.  This year we will be doing Shakespeare adaptations.  Each month throughout the summer we will be watching two film adaptations of Shakespeare's plays.  Without further ado, our films:

(Click the title for a trailer)


July 19: Richard III
July 27: Henry V

Aug 16: Coriolanus
Aug 23: Macbeth

I think these movies are a good example of the variety of Shakespeare adaptations that exist, and I think we'll have a lot of fun with these!
Each showing will begin at our regularly scheduled time of 6:15pm.  Feel free to bring snacks for yourself or to share (it's never an obligation, so if you don't, don't worry about it!) and I'll bring the coffee and the movies.

I'll make more posts further detailing each film.  Stay tuned!
(I know this update is WAY late, but I thought I already made this post, so, I hope you'll forgive me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment