Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Limitless Horizons....

I thought this was pretty cool, so I figured I'd share it. Acclaimed Korean director Park Chan-Wook (Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance) has directed a short 30 minute film using his iPhone 4. I've actually been shooting a short of my own with my iPhone, but nothing like this...It seems to be like a supernatural/horror film, and pretty decent quality. I'm excited about the possibilities of shooting films on something like an iPhone, something that I believe will increase in popularity as the quality of phone cameras improves. It opens things up for amateur and professional filmmakers alike, and offers a certain versatility and portability, though I don't think it will ever surpass the other formats like film or HD digital, it does offer interesting possibilities.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/01/18/park-chan-wook-iphone-film-trailer/

No comments:

Post a Comment