Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Couple New Films

I love hearing about new films that are going to be released in the near future, especially when they look good or when they are directed by a director I really like, the following are two such films.




1. Contagion (Directed by Steven Soderbergh)


Soderbergh is one of those directors that I love because of his broad range of films, whether it be Ocean's 11, 12, 13, Erin Brockavich, the remake of Solaris, Traffic, the experimental The Girlfriend Experience or the mania that is Schizopolis, (to name a few), I always find myself enjoying them. You never really know what to expect from the man because he can pull off the ridiculous, the serious, or the moderately/wildly humorous. This looks like a film that I think will be at the very least, entertaining.


See the brand new trailer here: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/contagion/

2. A Dangerous Method (Directed by David Cronenberg)

Probably my second favorite living director (behind David Lynch), Cronenberg is one of those directors that deals directly with the source of horror, love, anger, hatred or what-have-you....human beings themselves. Known for somewhat having invented the pseudo-genre of "Bio-horror" his films don't just deal with human beings, they rip them apart, bury themselves deep inside them or mutate them into horrific creatures (most often revealing what they really are on the inside to begin with). When I hear his name certain titles jump to my head immediately: The Fly, Dead Ringers, Naked Lunch (all together different than the book), The Brood, A History of Violence, and probably my favorite, Videodrome. This new film about Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung looks like it will be nothing short of wonderful.

Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ7JKmcLTsI



No comments:

Post a Comment